SO, it's me! Sarah! The super prego girl. This paragraph is a little bit of the real me in my head coming out! :) Yes, I've hit that point where you wonder "When will this child come?" and the never-ending mystery of his/her arrival can absolutely drive you absolutely insane. I CAN'T WAIT! This whole pregnancy I've sort of been thinking, "Just stay in there a little longer..." now I'm thinking, "Just be born, little one!" I want to hold this baby and give it a kiss and welcome it to the world! I can't wait! Any day now...any day now...any time now...any hour now? PLEASE! I actually haven't had the best time with the pregnancy as a whole and now my hips/sciatica are totally hatin' it by the end of the day. Tim has offered to install a pulley system with a chair or sled attached to get me up the stairs at the end of the day (we decided a chair elevator system would be too expensive)--all in jest of course, but it's REALLY hard at the end of the day to try to climb a set of 4 followed by a set of 10 steps up to bed. I told my poor husband that I must be doomed to have a hip replacement before I'm 40 if this doesn't end after giving birth.
Asher is really excited about being a big brother. He wears his "Big Brother" shirts with pride and has been a big help setting up the baby's room. I don't think he can ever be ready for how this will all change his life. For that, as a mom, I sometimes feel guilty, but we've been doing our best to prepare him. He thinks my big belly is funny and continually needs reminders to "BE CAREFUL!" around mommy. He also has been a huge help for me to remember things, like, "Mommy, we need to get pants for the baby." or "Mommy, we didn't register for socks for the baby. Babies need socks, mommy."
Tim's been amazingly wonderful through this whole pregnancy, and I really couldn't ask for a better man in my life. I so love him!
The other thing Asher is REALLY excited about is Thanksgiving. All day he's been talking non-stop about holidays, turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, and pumpkin pie. He can't wait. It's so cute to listen to him make up his own songs about it all--he's gotten very creative and imaginitive and remembers EVERYTHING...EVERYTHING. Today he told me about the last time he had a can of pop and how he didn't know to not pull the tab off of the top and he got in trouble (well, we talked to him about not doing that), and how he was waiting to ride the train when it happened. It took me a minute to remember what he was talking about...then I realized that this had happened this summer...like in July or August! He's remembering things like crazy and I so pray that we help him make good memories of everything happening around him. I love our little...wait, BIG...boy!
Okay, enough of my ramblings. Sorry, no pics this time. I need Tim to take a prego pic of me again to share with the world! :) I feel huge! Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment