"WOW!!!" you're saying, "Sarah is actually updating their blog!" I'm not going to put pictures in this post...we have so many...I think I'm going to upload them to shutterfly or snapfish or something and then put a link here later for you to see them all. So much has happened, I thought I'd summarize:
Asher has become an AMAZING reader. He's gone well beyond his grade level in reading, and we're so proud of him. He's crazy about Legos, Star Wars stuff, and Ninjago (it's a type of Lego themed sets that has a whole cartoon show associated with it, which he also loves). He received a Nintendo DS for Christmas and is really, really into playing games on it-we have to daily remind him of his screen time limit. He's been putting up with a lot from his sisters lately...they give the poor kid so much grief--but he's so good with them. Last night I went to a school PTO family night with him--we had a great time seeing a group called "Acrodunk"--they do acrobatic basketball slam dunks. It was AMAZING!! We also had bought some raffle tickets and entered to win some of the raffle "baskets". We actually won 2 in a row!! Asher is still in heaven over the whole experience.
Eva is such a powerhouse of energy! She's very girly, and is ALWAYS busy. She can't just sit on the couch, she has to do headstands on it, or sit on your lap and NEVER STOP squirming. We think it may be time to put her in a gymnastics class of some sort. She's fully potty trained now (not so fun in the middle of the night when she has to go and starts screaming for us)--it's so nice to finally only have one in diapers! Eva loves her baby dolls and her dollhouse. I love listening to her play all by herself lately and hearing her talking for her "characters". Eva never likes to be "all a-wone", and if Asher and Elise aren't around she'll ask all about where they are and why they aren't with her. She's so inquisitive and loves to figure things out. She is amazingly good at doing puzzles (which she has quite a few of)-not many things can hold her attention like a puzzle. She'll sit there and do one puzzle over and over and over and over again.
Elise is just adorable. She's my baby, and it's sad to see her grow, but so exciting to see her learning new things. Just this last month she finally learned to walk (Thursday after Christmas at 18 months). Well, we think she KNEW how to walk for awhile, she just finally decided to get up and do it! Now you can't stop her. Her favorite word right now is "no!" She'll just start shouting it in the middle of the grocery store, getting everyone to look, and she'll then start laughing. Elise loves to pretend, cooking for us some pretend "toffee" (coffee), and "fench fies" (french fries). She loves to take care of baby dolls, and is such a little mommy to all of them. She just grabs my heart and holds it, and I love that little girl so much.
Tim is so busy!! Between work and home and school, the man is just amazing. He's pretty much aced every class he's taken since going back to school, and it looks like we're on track for him to walk the line next year--I'm so proud of all he does! AND, between all that, he's just an amazing husband, and has been my rock, my backbone of support these last few months. I cannot imagine life without him and I'm such a blessed woman!! This year is our 10th anniversary, and I'm so excited to see what God has in store for the next 10!!
I've been busy too! I'm sorta calling this year my own personal "year o' change". I'm really striving to be a better mom, a better wife, and a better me. I've made some major decisions regarding my health, and I think it's going to be good. I'm exercising more and really trying to make healthier choices overall. In fact, I started meeting with a wellness coach at the YMCA I work at, and turns out they put me on the news!! Here's the bit if you click on it you can see me...or you really don't have to watch it! It was a little nerve-wracking to have me on there, but here it is!
http://whotv.com/2013/01/22/weekly-workout-wellness-coaching/
I feel so much more confident in myself and who God has made me, and I'm trying to REALLY appreciate more how blessed I've been. The last few months were extremely difficult for me with the miscarriage we suffered at the end of October. I have been so blessed to have had Tim to fall on, my sister and mom's listening ears, and just the prayers of everyone. Thank you.
Once I figure out what I'm doing with all the pics we've accumulated, I'll put up a link or just post a whole lot of them!! We love and miss you all and pray all is well. We can't wait to see you all whenever that may be!! Love and Hugs! -Sarah
Spring Break 2013 ~ Kure Beach, NC
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment