I got new...
It's me, Sarah! Okay, I had to write about this, so here I go...enjoy!
Today after work I took Asher on the quest of every U.S. 2 year old...yes, the quest of underwear. As an entire preface to this, you must know that we've tried to get Asher excited about the potty numerous times, he's gone numerous times in the lil potty chair, loves to sit on the lil toilets at daycare, but recently has just absolutely REFUSED to sit on the potty chair at home. Tim and I came to the conclusion that maybe the boy needs to be inspired by something WONDERFUL, like, yes, you guessed it...underwear.
I don't remember the first time I got underwear as a child. As far as I know, I've been potty trained since baby-hood...to which I say thanks to my parents. Now, I have met a challenge in the form of potty training, and although we're not trying to rush our child into it, Tim and I are both getting pretty tired of changing diapers. SO, today at 4:45 at Target, Asher picked out his first "Big Boy Underwear". Now, I thought Asher would get excited about the themed underwear like Cars or Thomas or his super favorite as of late, Diego. But, no. All these faced massive rejection when Asher spied the theme of his new underwear...Elmo. (That worked for me, since for the price of 3 pairs of any of the others, you get, count them, 7 pairs of Elmo underwear...and as I know the number of times I'll be doing lil boy laundry in this house is about to double or triple in size, Elmo is great).
Asher didn't even mention the underwear on the way home. It wasn't until Tim got home from work that I even brought up the subject, saying, "Asher, what did we get you today at the store." To which he replied in a SUPER excited voice, "PULL-UPS!" I totally had to correct him on that...and then he yelled at the top of his voice with a huge "nothing will ever hurt me because I'm the happiest kid in the ENTIRE world" smile, "UNDERWEAR!!!" At this point, Asher stood at Tim's knees, and carefully took out each and every individual pair of the 7 pairs, one at a time, with great care and precision inspecting them and making sure that they were as fabulous as he thought. The rest of the night his new underwear pile became like Linus's blanket. He carried those EVERYWHERE. It was so HILARIOUS!! So, the funniest part of the whole thing came when Asher was standing by Tim, holding his new precious clothing close. Libby came wandering by. Now, as Tim has explored a bit before, if Libby gets too close to Asher without Asher wanting her around, he raises a huge stink and yells, "No thank you, Wibbly!" Tonight as the innocent dog wandered by nonchalantly, meaning no harm at all, Asher grabbed up all his underwear and in a LOUD voice said, "No, Wibbly, MINE underwear!"
No comments:
Post a Comment