Saturday, February 14, 2009

Cupid!

It’s a beautiful Valentine’s evening in Iowa. Today was a sunny, blue-sky day. Everything is blanketed with seven inches of fresh snow that made last night’s commute an absolute nightmare, but was wonderful in the sunlight today. Sarah and I had a Valentine’s Day date in the afternoon (best time of the day for a babysitter). We went to the Bonefish Grill and had some really tasty seafood. Sarah has not been a fan of fish, but she absolutely loved the fish today. It really was good, and a nice surprise in the landlocked Midwest. Although it didn’t measure up to the fish, I made Sarah a pizza with heart-shaped pepperoni tonight!
Asher and I had lots of fun in the snow this morning. We shoveled, then Asher jumped in the snow, and I taught him how to throw snowballs. We spent a long time pelting the barbeque grill with snowballs.
No, it wasn't actually waist deep
Rosie the dog has had a pretty rough week. After months of procrastination, we finally decided it was time to get her fixed. Sarah took her to a “Low Cost Spay”’ clinic (hey, there’s a recession going on!), all the way over on the east side of Des Moines very early on Thursday morning. Thursday night and Friday, Rosie was slow, groggy, but much nicer than usual. Today, she is back to her old self. She has been jumping in the snow, biting the snow, jumping on Libby, biting Libby, all her usual hobbies. She isn’t supposed to be exerting herself or getting wet, but I’m not sure how to stop her. She’s already sedated, after all. It is a bit of relief to know we won’t have to deal with litters of crazy boxer-mix puppies overrunning Dallas County.

1 comment:

Five Carmonas said...

I think that pepperoni hearts is one of the best ways to show your love for someone...good work!
And I love Bonefish. I never liked shrimp until I tried their spicey thai crispy shrimp appetizer.....now I love shrimp.
And good job on the dog "fixing"....you make Bob Barker proud. Hey, I never realized that his last name is barker....that's funny.
love you,
Emily

Contributors


Hits (since July 8, 2008)