Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mellow Weekend


It is late Sunday night, and I just finished my very last assignment for the incredibly work-intensive management class I have been taking.  I think I did pretty well, and I know I did well in the marketing class I also took this term. I won't see my final grades for a week or two, but I'm in a celebratory mood!  I am taking the next eight weeks off of school for the birth of the baby, and the busy part of the year at work.  I think I'll miss being in class.  Tonight, Sarah and I had a long-awaited date night.  We saw Couples Retreat, which was a pretty good movie.  I have to admit that I'm a big Vince Vaughn fan. 

With school winding down (that class has been running my life for the last several weeks), we had time for a nice relaxing weekend.  Sarah mentioned that we went to a pumpkin patch in the country, and to Ledges State Park yesterday.  Today, we went to church, then to check out the brand new Pappajohn Sculpture Park in downtown Des Moines.  Here are some pictures:








"Look, my name starts with that letter"




1 comment:

David said...

WOW ~ that is actually a pumpkin patch! Around these parts, your pumpkin choices are: 1) grocery store, 2) one of many "pumpkin patches" set up in front of churches, 3)farm fresh pumpkin patches where they seriously roll a bunch of pumpkins into a grassy field and the kids run around and pick the one they like. Maybe we need to come to IA for some real pumpkin pickin'! You all are looking great! Love you, Emily

Contributors


Hits (since July 8, 2008)