Wednesday, December 16, 2009

You Will Get a Sentimental Feeling...

It is a clear, frosty night in Central Iowa.  It has stayed pretty cold since the blizzard last week, and everything is still covered with a drifts of snow, now with a shiny layer of ice on top from freezing drizzle the other night.  It does look very much like Christmas, though, and we are excited about that.

Eva is doing really well, changing quickly right in front of our eyes.  Tonight is her 2 week birthday, so here is a shot of her on the same blanket.  I think she has grown and changed a lot in her short two weeks.  She definitely seems more sure of herself.  I promise she wasn't crying in this picture, just kind of "talking".




In the past week, I have been easing back into the routine of the busy season at work, and Sarah has been doing a great job of learning how to deal with two kids at home.  Asher seems to miss his friends at "school", so it was good when we got to take him there last night and drop him off for an evening of free care while we tried to catch up on some neglected Christmas shopping (man, it is coming quickly).  Asher will be going to school tomorrow, too, since his Christmas program is tomorrow night.  He has been diligently practicing all of his songs for the show.  He keeps belting them out, suddenly and with passion, often starting somewhere in the middle, like "..you will get a sentimental feeling, when you hear..."

On Saturday, I took Asher to my work, where they were having holiday activities for the employees' kids. Asher got to see Santa again (just to make sure he got the list right),



We also got to ride a beautiful one horse open carriage!




Asher and I picked out a Christmas tree that afternoon, and we are now festively decorated!






1 comment:

Sweet Mess said...

Congratulations on the birth of beautiful Eva!
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
~Kelcey (Ema's sister-in-law)

Contributors


Hits (since July 8, 2008)