It's a warm, summer night in Iowa. Last night was very stormy, with weather alarms, high winds, and a power outage keeping us up through a lot of the night. Lots of trees are down around our area, but we didn't have any damage. Last weekend, I went camping and fishing by myself in a very rural part of South Central Iowa. I found a beautiful campsite, right on a pond in a very dense forest. It was incredibly peaceful, with lots of wildlife all around. The fishing was pretty good, and I caught some nice, big catfish.
Asher had his last Tee-ball game of the season on Thursday. He had a lot of fun at all the games, and is sometimes a little bit of a clown on the field. I think he will really miss the games and practices, until he starts whatever sport comes next for him. As assistant coach, I learned a lot about 4 and 5 year olds. The other day, I got Asher a new tee of his own, so he can practice at home:
Eva loved the games too. Here she is on Thursday night, showing off her first two teeth!
This afternoon, Asher and I went fishing at Blue Heron Lake, just a few miles from our house. We saw a lot of fish, including lots of longnose gar, which I had never seen in the wild before. I caught one Largemouth Bass, not quite legal keeper size in Iowa.
Asher caught a catfish, and then a bass of his own, his first bass ever:
Asher had a great time fishing! He was pretending we were on a boat in the Bassmaster tournament, and he said we would need at least six fish to win. Of course, he said we won anyway, even though we only caught three and threw them all back.
No comments:
Post a Comment