Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Where the Wild Things ARRRRRR!

 It is another perfect fall night in Iowa, and our streak of beautiful weather is still rolling on.  Any day now, it will be dark, windy, and snowy... it just hasn't happened yet.  We went to the pizza place with the singing rat tonight, which was fun for Asher.  Sarah and I have both been busy with work, and I have a final for school tomorrow night (still hoping for an A!). 

Last Saturday, we spent a fun day out in the sun.  In the morning, we went for a little walk along the Des Moines river below Saylorville Dam.  We watched bald eagles and pelicans fishing, and enjoyed the fall colors.  Of course, we found a playground for the kids, too.  It was Eva's first time on a "big" playground, and she was absolutely fearless.  We were scrambling to keep up!  She actually climbed all the way to the very top of the playground (with Sarah, Asher, and I close by, of course).  She had a blast!!























































In the afternoon, we dropped Sarah off at a child development conference where she was helping with a presentation, and the kids and I went to the zoo! It was so much fun, Eva learned how to clap with her feet!




 In addition to the animals, the zoo had some of the decorations already set up for their Halloween activity.

Pirate Ash-Arrrr


Asher and I both like the "beaky guy" the best of the Where the Wild Things Are monsters





No comments:

Contributors


Hits (since July 8, 2008)