The other day, I got to shake hands with Newt Gingrich. It's kind of a long story, but I think it's just one of the odd things that comes with living in Iowa with caucuses only...let's see...14 months away. If he ends up running, I can add that to the short list of close encounters I had with presidential candidates last time around, right when we moved here. Before I lived in the Hawkeye State, I thought it was an exageration when reporters said Iowans expect to meet any presidential candidate in person. It really is like that.
We have been very busy with work and school. I am finally settling into my new job, which is very exciting. The kids have been doing great. Asher is anxious for the snow to fall, and is especially excited about sledding. He got some new snowpants today. Eva is extremely mobile, and wants to be all over the house. She is fearless and she gets a little faster every day. She is not really walking yet, but we expect that to come any day. One thing both kids absolutely love is a game Asher calls "Deadliest Catch." They each sit in a cardboard box, right next to each other, then shake the boxes violently like they are in a storm at sea. Both of them do it, and they laugh and scream at the top of their lungs. It is hilarious to watch.
Just kidding!
| Movember 18th |

No comments:
Post a Comment