Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloooo---ween 2010

Asher "hammin'" it up in costume.

HI!!  It's Sarah!  I'm writing under Tim's user name since his has a LOT better editing features...I have no CLUE how to make mine like his, so I'm cheating!  :)


Tim's in class tonight keeping up his A status, and the kiddos have gone to sleep and it's quiet in the house except for the clacking of Rosie's toe nails on the laminate (the ONLY problem with laminate...other than that, I LOVE our floors).


We had a blast this weekend with Halloween festivities.  IT all started Friday with a HUGE costume parade at the kids' school (my work) through the office/atrium and maze of employees of the Farm Bureau headquarters (where the school is located).  
Eva in a parade wagon with her friends Yoda, a pirate and a spider.
Look at this bag full o' candy!
Friday night we had a blast carving pumpkins.  Asher and Tim made the "scary" pumpkins, while Eva and I opted for "nice" ones (she was actually asleep and didn't have much say in the matter).
me, Asher, and our pumpkins
Saturday was our annual "Beggar's Night", our local evening of trick-or-treating (yes, it was the night before actual Halloween, but it's an Iowa thing).  The weather was perfect and we had some great friends from church over for dinner and trick-or-treating.  Their daughter is little less than a year younger than Asher, and the two of them have a blast when they get together.
Asher and Olivia getting ready to take on the neighborhood.
Eva eating her first rice krispy treat...and lovin' it!
Eva also loved going out and being continually called cute...her favorite thing though was when someone gave her a rice krispy treat.  She just LOVED holding it, and was very aware that it was "hers"!




Sunday after church we just chilled at home.  The boys played a little bit of "tackle" football...or, as it really goes, Tim throws the ball to Asher, Asher misses, but does catch it every now and then, and then Asher runs around screaming like crazy, "CATCH ME DADDY, CATCH ME...TACKLE ME, DADDY!!"  It was a blast!   Overall, we had a super weekend!  I'll have to write more another time...this week holds a LOT of fun--Asher's having a birthday party Thursday night--he's SO excited!  More to come!




1 comment:

rachfaith said...

Please tell Ash, that I want to EAT HIM RIGHT NOW!!! So cute!

Contributors


Hits (since July 8, 2008)