SO, it's a beautiful day in Iowa, I'm only working half of the day, have taken the kiddos to school already so they can socialize and not be too off schedule and so that I can just have some mommy alone time. There's so much I should be doing here in our house to get ready for another lil Bosen, but I'm avoiding it all to relax and blog.
We do have pics from this last month, as it is May already. We'll post pics later...I'm not exactly sure of where the camera is at the moment. :)
Eva has hit a growing plateau (except her feet, I need to get her some new shoes, AGAIN...poor thing takes after her parents). She's a bundle of energy all the time, making us wonder how in the world we're going to keep up with her and her little sis. It's sorta scary having a third kid this close to the second...how will we keep up? I know people have been doing this for years, decades, centuries...how will we keep up? I'm guessing we're going to have a lot more prayer in our lives...and it's only for a few years, right? Then, it's the keeping up with the attitudes and the social calendars and the fighting and the parenting in general. It's all part of parenting, but WOW!! Back to Eva--she's repeating words like crazy...some of our favorite sounding that she's said being "chicken" "thank you" and "windmill" (windmill is accompanied by a finger twirling around in the air). She loves to point out facial features on everyone, especially eyes (ouch). AND, she loves animals--loves to talk about animals, look at pics of animals, go to the zoo, say animal sounds, attack our dogs with hugs and kisses (which for some reason they occasionally will tolerate), and loves to watch the birds at the bird feeders out our back window and "tweet, tweet" at them. She runs everywhere, usually on her tiptoes, and loves to also attack Asher with hugs, kisses, and the amazing Eva tackle (which sometimes really works at taking him down).
Asher graduates from Preschool on Friday--with a little ceremony and luncheon at his school. Exciting for him, a little sad to this mom. He loves his friends at school, but next week some of them will start at their summer care/new after school care places. It's going to start a lot of transition for the little guy, with new school in the fall, new friends, and a new sister. Let's see, more on Asher--he has a few favorite games: write a bunch of letters on paper and see if he made a word (which happens 3/20 times), guess the number I'm thinking of (along with higher and lower), add the numbers (that's where he just sits there and says, "2+12 is 14", etc.) and rhyme the words. He's crazy about numbers, as I've mentioned before, and crazy about writing. I hope he keeps this attitude up about math...I know he probably will one day tell us how sick he is of working on math problems and writing spelling words 5 times each, but for now this is a fun stage. :) He's also one of the best big brothers EVER--he tolerates so much stuff from Eva! Again, another thing that won't last, but for now I'm enjoying it!
Tim judged his first BBQ contest of the year this past weekend, and wishes that this year he could do more...however, he's an ethical man, and when they ask "Do any of you have a wife that is 9 months pregnant?" he would have to answer "yes" for the next month, which disqualifies him from judging. :( July holds more contests for him, but for now he's having to take a little break until our newest lil girl comes.
Speaking of lil girl coming, no, we don't have a name for her yet, but one will come to us soon, I'm sure. We have narrowed down our options, but sorry, folks, I'm not sharing until we really have picked one...
Okay, many things are calling my name, including the laundry room floor which is yelling for me to do some long put-off laundry. :) Have a super day!
1 comment:
thanks for the update, Sarah Joy! I am glad you took the morning off! Sending any extra patience your way ~ not that I have much left with my brood in the "social calendar" phase of life. Thinking of you all! love~
Post a Comment