Friday, July 22, 2011

Keeping Cool



It is a hot, humid night in tropical Iowa, after a week stuck in the heat wave that has covered most of the country.  Most of the week, it felt like 110-115 degrees outside, and it was nasty.  I had a fever on top of that for part of the week, which was no fun at all.  I feel much better now, though.

I'm excited to be heading all the way up to Mason City, Iowa early tomorrow morning to judge at my favorite BBQ contest, the Up in Smoke BBQ Bash.  It is a great contest with a beautiful setting and about 70 of the best BBQ teams in the country.  I can't wait.

The kids were cooped up a lot this week, because of the heat.  Asher did get to play T-Ball, though.  Last weekend, Asher, Eva and I went to our county fair.  The kids loved the animals.

yeah, its hot.
That's better!!
Elise, smiling and sleeping
Elise, at 3 weeks old.

No comments:

Contributors


Hits (since July 8, 2008)