Monday, March 31, 2008

I do it!

Hi, everyone in blogland! It's Sarah here (as Asher would say, as one of his favorite things to say right now "I do it" or sometimes when talking in third person as he often does, "Asher do it"). I just had to tell a cute Asher story from the other night, which actually has to do with the afor mentioned "I do it" statement. I had put Asher to bed the other night and he was having a rough time falling asleep. I went back up to check on him after 10 minutes as I had promised. I tucked him in, AGAIN, and as I was giving him one last good night kiss and hug I did my nightly, "Asher, who is the little boy I love the most in the whole world?" "Ash-er" he replied. "Who is the little boy Daddy loves the most in the world?" He says, "Ash-er." "Remember, Mommy and Daddy love you sooooooooooo much, but Jesus loves you even more than we do, and that's a lot." "Mommy, I do it." "Asher, what do you want to do?" I asked, thinking he wanted to maybe give me another kiss, or pull his blanket on himself, or something like that, but instead, in his super sweet and cute lil voice he says, "Asher love Jesus" It was so precious, sincere, and innocent, he really brought tears to my eyes. As a Christian parent, it's one of my goals to teach my child about Jesus, but also realizing that he has to choose Jesus himself...I can't make up his mind for him, or expect that he'll accept the things Tim and I teach him throughout life about God. But for this moment in time, this singular moment, my child loves Jesus--Jesus being the closest to my heart and who has changed my life and Tim's life so much in so many ways for the best--Asher said, "Asher love Jesus". It just touched me in ways I really, really cannot express.
I'm writing and just realized how personal this story is to me. Never having ever blogged much, it's strange to be so personal to the world out there.

2 comments:

Five Carmonas said...

What a beautiful, Sarah Joy! Thank you for sharing....you brought tears to my eyes!
I love the little peaks into your life.......
love,
Emily

Bonnie said...

Tim, Sarah and Asher,
I can't thank you enough for keeping us up to date on your adventures. Since Asher is growing and changing so fast and we miss seeing you at least once a week this is a great way to feel so much closer to you. Hope you don't mind, Sarah, but I passed your story about Asher Do It around our office and there was more than one teary eyed response! What a sweet story to share. I'm mailing your messages to Grandma and Grandpa, too, since they don't have a computer anymore. Can't wait to see you all very soon.
We love you and miss you,
Bonnie

Contributors


Hits (since July 8, 2008)