Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cold Season

I've been missing Utah a bit lately, So I figured I would think up some good things about Iowa:
  • Four distinct seasons (sometimes it seems like they are humidity season, cold season, bitter cold season, and tornado season)
  • Gas is $2.49 a gallon today. That is closer to $2 than to $3
  • You never know when you will have an actual conversation with a complete stranger. It happens every day
  • The absolute biggest story on the news tonight is the controversy over two "mega hog containments" a few towns away. This may or may not be a bad thing, but I had to laugh at the thought of mega-hogs getting loose in Dallas County.
  • You can drive around this time of year and watch huge combines harvesting corn. If you've never seen it, it's cooler than you think.
  • A couple hours drive, and you are in KC, eating BBQ that will blow your mind
  • The air on calm mornings smells like rich, black dirt
  • Field of Dreams

It's a big night at our house. Tomorrow morning Sarah goes in for ear surgery. Lord willing, tomorrow she will hear in stereo for the first time in years.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Tim, Sarah and Asher,
We're hoping to hear good reports about Sarah's surgery and hope her recovery is swift and uneventful.
Love, Mom and John

Contributors


Hits (since July 8, 2008)