Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Little Bit Scary For Me

First of all, check out this picture. Sarah took it tonight at our (oddly named) gas station in "downtown" Waukee, near the grain elevator (you an see part of that in the background). The important thing to see here is that the price of gas starts with a one! Wow! It was really windy on Sunday. All day long and into the night, a steady 40 mph wind blew, with gusts much higher. One interesting thing that happened was that the wind ripped all the leaves off the dry, standing corn in the fields which hadn't been harvested. The news showed a picture of a house in the middle of a field. The blowing corn debris had formed a huge, U-shaped drift on the downwind side of the house, as high as the eaves. Corn drifts, who'd have thought? Last night, Asher had an announcement for me. I had just said goodnight to him, and was leaving his room, when he said, in his cutest voice "Daddy, I like the Cyclones. I want to go see basketball game." "Um.. OK", I said, "Why do you like the Cyclones?" Asher begin listing all of his friends from school who like the Cyclones. I guess peer pressure is a strong thing in preschool. We carved our jack-o-lanterns last night, the first time we have done that as a family. It was a lot of fun. Asher says one I carved is "a little bit scary for me", and that Sarah's is "cute". my hair in this picture is a little bit scary for me

1 comment:

Mrs. U said...

Hi there!
I am out "blog hopping" tonight and landed here on your blog and I LOVE the price of gas where you are!! We are in Georgia and it is still about $2.60. MUCH better than the almost $4, but not as good as it is there!! Enjoy it!! :)

His,
Mrs. U

Contributors


Hits (since July 8, 2008)