It is Saturday Night, and I'm watching some football. In fact, I've been watching a lot of football over the past few days. I watched the Hawkeyes win the Outback Bowl, the Utes win the Sugar Bowl, bits of other bowl games, and today I'm on my second NFL playoff game. That's a lot of football! This football marathon is partly due to Sarah and Asher being out of town.
They are in Pittsburgh for Sarah's brother's wedding, which was today. I had to miss it because of some critical year-end days at work. I really, really wish I could have made it to the wedding. Congratulations, Tim and Brittany! Sarah said the wedding was beautiful. Tim is the youngest, and the last of our siblings to get married. Through the magic of the internet, I do have some pictures to show of the wedding, and of Sarah, Asher, and family.
Asher and Cousin Caleb discussing dinosaurs.
Tim, Brittany, and a spectacular wedding cake
Asher says the cake tasted good, too!
Asher, Sarah, Isabella, Rachel, Felix, Darlene, Brittany, Tim, Elijah, Dick, Jenny, and Aaron
Back in Iowa, there isn't a whole lot going on. I had a very busy week at work, and I'm using the weekend to catch up on housework and a few little projects (oh, and football). New Years Eve was pretty much a non-event for us, since Sarah and Asher had to be at the airport by 5 am. The streets of Des Moines were deserted at that time of morning on New Years. We have had a mixed bag of weather, with a little snow, a little ice, and some incredible winds. There were even a couple days so unusually warm the Raccoon River started to melt, which caused ice jams that flooded some low-lying areas. Today, there has been a steady freezing mist all day, and a thin glaze of ice has covered everything.
I don't have a lot to report. I just realized list of words unrecognized by the spell checker on this blog editor includes the words "internet", "Hawkeye" and "Des Moines". That is very funny.
I hope everyone is keeping their New Year's resolutions... or breaking them with gusto!


No comments:
Post a Comment