Saturday, January 17, 2009

A week has past. To be honest, it's been pretty uneventful, sooooooooo, it's fallen upon me, Sarah, to start with my seemingly endless ramblings about really nothing at all! Tim's blogs are really informative and fabulous to read with great stories and have purpose behind them. Mine, on the other hand, can get too personal at times, and seem to just be about all sorts of stuff that has nothing to do with anything, so I told Tim I would blog tonight. We've been toying with the idea of getting rid of our first names on our blog. A lot of people don't tell any personal info like their name when they do blog, and especially the names of their children. They're REALLY good at keeping stuff under wraps while telling a whole lot about their lives at the same time. SO, we're considering following suit and just using initials or just referring to each other as "my wife", "my husband", "our son", etc...to keep those evil people that are out there trying to steal all our information held at bay. We'll keep you posted on the whole thing. Our son (check out that privacy...it seems sooooooo not personal), has taken to saying "at all" at the ends of some sentences. Like, "Mommy, I don't like my ear medicine AT ALL" (he has had a double ear infection and has ear drops he abhors) or "Mommy, I don't want to go to bed AT ALL." The first time he used it, I asked my hubby what started this new trend of word usage. His answer, "The only person I know who says 'at all' at the end of anything is you!" Sure enough--it's me the lil guy gets it from! Funny how he is picking stuff up from us. This week was uber cold! Thursday our high was -5, the low was -30 plus the negative windchill made it colder, so all the schools were canceled! When I was in high school in Minnesota one year, school was canceled for 2-3 days because the windchill made it feel like -80. Yes, that was the week my parents were out of town, I was in charge, and actually set the oven on fire, used one of those powder fire extinguishers to put out the fire, and ended up with a house full of blue dust EVERYWHERE in the process. I don't write much about work, but something new for me at work is that I'll be getting my own classroom next weekend! The way the preschool/daycare is set up is that it is in a HUGE room in an office building ground level with cubicle dividers to separate the classrooms. Until now my 18-24 month olds have shared a classroom with the 2-2 1/2 year olds. I cannot tell you how excited my co-teacher and I are for our class to have its own space in the center! It's going to be so great for the kids! Did I mention I was excited!? Okay, time to bring these ramblings to an end! Have a great week! ~S

No comments:

Contributors


Hits (since July 8, 2008)