Saturday, March 7, 2009

City of Salt

It’s a chilly, rainy night in Iowa. We had a few very warm days last week, up above 70 degrees. That was very unusual for this time of year. Last night, a noisy thunderstorm came through, and today was cool and damp, but more like spring than winter. Maybe winter is almost over? Maybe not.

It has been a while since I have blogged, and I have some catching up to do. As Sarah mentioned, Asher and I spent the last week of February in Salt Lake City. It was our first real father-son trip. It was nice to spend time together, and with family. Asher loved seeing his grandparents, his aunt and uncle, and his cousins (I did too). I got to go skiing and eat some of the foods I have missed. We had a blast seeing the sites and relaxing.

Asher traveled really well, and was well-behaved pretty much the whole trip. This was despite his new tendency to yell random words until people pay attention. In the airport in Denver, he pointed out the window and yelled “Barack Obama airplane!” I don’t know what made him yell that, but it definitely got attention from our fellow travelers.

This is not Barack Obama's airplane. It was Ladybird Johnson's. You see interesting things when you are a tourist in Utah. We went to the museum at Hill Air Force Base. It is really cool. In other aerospace news, Asher discovered the greatness of Stomp Rockets! Asher with his Aunt Sarah, and cousin Nate piling on. Nathan, Sarah (my sister), Asher, Austin, Andrew...and T-Rex The cousins at the "Asian Highlands" exhibit at the zoo The world's bravest tortoise? Getting bigger! Awwwww!

No comments:

Contributors


Hits (since July 8, 2008)