Thursday, March 24, 2011

numbers

Sarah blogging on this cold Spring evening with snow showers expected.  Tim is at his Accounting II class (he aced the first one...of course...I love to brag about how well he's doing).  I'm here with the kiddos who are by now sound asleep...hopefully for the night--the past few nights have included nose bleeds and bad dreams by Asher and just crying in general by our Eva--the joys of parenting!  :)

Okay, but one of my favorite things about parenting is when our kids begin to learn new things, when something just seems to click in their head where a switch has been turned and things fall into place for them and how they process it, and they really absorb what seems like everything until the next switch clicks and they learn more.  Asher has an obsession right now--not just with sports, Star Wars, and superheros.  Asher is obsessed with numbers.  Everything he does has to do with numbers.  "Mom, how much longer"  "How far is it to school"  "How many more days until Share Toy day?"  "What are the numbers for this TV channel?"  The questions never stop.  AND, when he's not questioning numbers, he's telling us numbers and how much something is, how many points a team has, how many boxes of food came in for the food order for me to process at work, or what the clock says.

Today during rest time at school Asher decided to write a bunch of numbers...his teachers were so proud they brought Ash to me with his paper after showing it to everyone at school.  So here's his paper...I know it may seem difficult to read, but he is 5 and hasn't started kindergarten and I figure if his preschool teachers were impressed, I had to share...I'm a proud mom I guess:
1-31 and a storm
Maybe he'll be a statistician or accountant someday, or maybe a race car driver (like he wants to be right now)--I'm just excited to see where this little obsession could take him one day.  Oh--Asher's also a little obsessed with storms right now (hence the blob in the middle of the picture)--the other night we had our first tornado of the season...I'll let Tim fill you in on the details in our next blog--we're fine, the house is fine but it turned out to be a fun night for all--and I'll keep you in suspense for the rest of the details!  :)

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Oh, the place he'll go.....Pretty soon he'll be telling you the time, every minute....because he can. I love you, Asher, more than counting sheep when I can't sleep. Grandma in Pennsylvania

Contributors


Hits (since July 8, 2008)