Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sarah does blog (every now and then)

 
Eva playing with some of her favorite toys
Hi, everyone!  Sarah here...shhhh--I'm writing under Tim's name because for some reason when I sign in to blog I have no editing capabilities when it comes to layout and pics, but he does...so I'm using his sign-in.  ALL that just to say, howdy!  Tim's studiously busy working on one of his many homework assignments so I'm blogging to stay out of his hair.

Today was my 23/24 week check-up for the babe and everything is great.  Our lil princess-on-the-way has a steady heartbeat and doesn't mind letting herself be listened to.  She held very still for the midwife, and made mommy proud!  She's seeming to be a lot more laid back than Asher or Eva were in the womb...hopefully that will play out in real life.  No, we haven't picked out a name for the lil munchkin yet, but Asher never runs out of suggestions..."Mommy, how about we name her Eva?"....  "Asher, we already have an Eva"...."I KNOW, but then we'd have TWO Eva's!"  or his favorite name right now is "Sassy-pants"--I've told him there is NO WAY I would ever name his sister that, and he just laughs.

Asher and Caleb at play at my parents
We haven't blogged (again) in awhile...mainly because it's been my turn to blog, and I'm a procrastinator (hence the pile of "Happy New Years" cards that were never mailed along with the school pics of the kids from October--I know you were wondering where yours' was!)   About 2 weeks ago the kids and I headed off to Pennsylvania to see family and attend my sis-in-law's baby shower.  Tim had school and is in a busy season at work, so we sadly said goodbye, drove to Omaha, and flew to Philly on Thursday, Feb 17th.   That Friday, we hung out with my brother Aaron and his family, Asher played with cousins, and we had just a great time.   

All the cousins together!
The "main" reason we went is that my youngest brother Tim and his wife Brittany are expecting not just their first, but also their second child--twin girls (due a week before our lil girl)!  :)  What better reason to get the family all together?!  SO, Saturday we took a road trip across the great state of PA to Pittsburgh along with my parents.  My sister-in-law, Jenny, and my sister, Rachel, along with all my nieces and nephews (from my side o' our family) all met up in Pittsburgh for Brittany's baby shower (my brother's both work in churches and couldn't make it, as Sunday is sorta a big work day for them--we sure did miss them, though!).  The kids all had a blast hanging out together and playing, and playing, and playing and playing some more!   
Eva "helping" Aunt Brittany

Sunday we girls all went to the baby shower while my dad hung out with the older kids at our hotel.  The shower was beautiful, and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to attend.  

Eva being cute and drool-y
Sunday night the kids and I flew back to Omaha, where we spent the night at Grandma Dodi's.  After a wonderful brunch with my grandmothers, uncle, and a cousin, we headed home Monday.  It was an exhausting trip for this mommy, but so worth it!  The kids loved seeing cousins and grandparents, and the whole adventure of travel to them was a blast.  We really had a great time, and I had the chance to attend a beautiful shower for one of my amazing sister-in-laws, but it sure was good to come home and see my Tim!  :)

No comments:

Contributors


Hits (since July 8, 2008)