Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring Break!!!!

It's a chilly Saturday night in Iowa, and I'm on spring break!  Actually, all this means is that I don't have class next week.  I still have work, though, so no Fort Lauderdale or South Padre Island for me.  I finished my first accounting class (I got an A) a week ago, and already started the next accounting class this past week.  I'm halfway through my second attempt at college now, doing one class at a time.  It has been tricky to find time for studying between work and kids, but I have been getting great grades so far, so I guess it has gone well.

It is not exactly spring yet here in Iowa, but the snow is pretty much gone, and the sun has been shining, so it has been nice.  It is still pretty cold and windy most of the time.  Last weekend, we went to Kidsfest at the State Fairgrounds.  The kids had a great time.  There was a lot of different stuff to do there:
Awesome Star Wars guys !!


Soapbox Derby (my favorite part)
After Kidsfest, Asher and I started all of our chile and tomato plants for the garden this summer.  It was exciting!


Last Sunday was Sarah's birthday.  After church, we headed to Jethro's for some for some phenomenal BBQ...
Beautiful Sarah and ribs!!!
Later, we had cookie-cake and presents!


Today, we did a little shopping, a little driving around town, and a lot of eating delicious buffet food at India Star.  We came home for a little session of driveway B-ball.  

In 15 years, when Asher is leading his team to victory in March Madness, he will think this picture is the greatest!!!


Meanwhile, Eva discovered the racecar and went for a ride.  We can't wait for real spring!!!


No comments:

Contributors


Hits (since July 8, 2008)