Okay, okay, we know we haven’t blogged in FOREVER…so I decided “it is time!” Here’s a little about what we’ve been up to, and a few blurbs about the kiddos .
I’ve had a lot of “mommy” moments these past couple of months. Those moments when you realize your kids are growing up, and you can’t stop it. Milestones have happened in each of their lives—those milestones and firsts that can only happen once, and I find myself wanting to hug them a little more, hold them a little closer, and am sad, but happy, that they are growing up.
| 1st Valentine's "airplane" box |
Asher LOVES to read. He reads EVERYTHING (or does his best to!). He also LOVES to play games—board games, card games, word games, number games—I think mostly because these are things we do just with him since the girls are still too young to join in. At night before bed now we read books one night, and play a game of some sort on the next night. Asher calls it his bedtime “pattern”: books, game, books, game, books…ok, you get it. J We just received his report card and he is REALLY excelling in reading, and we’re just so proud of him!!
| telling the Christmas Story |
Elise is an AMAZING baby! She’s so easy going and laid back. We did have a bit of a scare with Elise in February. She had a super high fever one night and I had to take her to the ER (Tim was super sick, too, and the other kids were sleeping). It turned out to be nothing a bit more Motrin couldn’t handle, but it was scary for this momma!
We’ve said it before but Elise just REALLY adores Asher and Eva. Anytime the two of them take time to REALLY talk with Elise, she is just in heaven. With a big sister that’s talking all the time, and a brother that never stops talking either (yes, our house can have some really LOUD moments), Elise has turned into a talker, too. It scared one of her teachers the other day when they thought all the babies were asleep and they heard this little voice say, “HI!!!” Yup, it was Elise. We love her little milestones-Elise got her first tooth the day after Asher lost his first-and we know more are coming soon—crawling being a huge one in the next few weeks, then who knows, we’ll probably all be in trouble! :)
| Happy Birthday, Tim! |
Tim finished another class and will be starting a class this Monday. Between school, work, and home, he’s a busy man, a wonderful daddy, and amazing husband. I’m a blessed woman!
| Christmas Morning (notice Eva's chocolate goatee) |
After a lot of thought and prayer, March 15th is going to be my last day at my current job. It’s time for me to be home with the kids! J I’ve always wanted this chance, and the time has come. I love my job, and love the kids I work with, but it’s time for change and for me to be full-time mommy. I’ll be doing some part-time work as well, but it’s going to be great to be home for my kiddos.
| one of our very few snow storms this season |
Well, until next time--lots of love and hugs! Sarah
2 comments:
Please keep blogging I love to know your family.
So glad to see more pictures and words! We've missed them. Sarah, I'm so happy for you to be able to be home with your kids! Love you all.
Post a Comment