Monday, April 23, 2012

Spring Break, Easter, and more...




Easter 2012
One would think that now I’m a stay-at-home mom, blogging would be something I have time to do at least once a month, but now I’ve been home since March 15th, and I’m FINALLY taking time to blog.  I guess there’s just always something else to do, so today I sat down and decided y’all needed an update.  SO, first of all, we’re here, we’re alive, and life is going pretty well!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
March was a blast with Asher’s Spring Break, which was also my first week home.  His first day off of school we went to the $1 store and I bought a bunch of little doo-dads, to have an “activity” per day.   Here’s a few pics of some of the things we did:
mustache day
Fun at the playground
our scientist
like brother like sister

yup, we followed the recipe!  :)
I found one!!!
 
For Easter we decorated eggs, attended our church’s yearly egg hunt, and went to the house of our friends (the Hunt’s ) for Easter dinner.  The kids were adorable egg hunting and we had a wonderful time.

King of the WORLD!!
Asher will be finishing kindergarten a month from today!  I can’t believe it!  He’s really growing up!  He pulled another tooth the other day (two pulled now).   Asher was so excited on Easter when he had the opportunity to talk in a microphone (for the first time) in “big church” to tell about some posters his class made about Jesus’s love.  We were so proud!!   Asher’s first school field trip is May 1st, and he has his first school music program May 7th.

Eva and her paparazzi
Eva is potty training.  Her biggest challenges in this are her constant companion, the sippy cup of water, along with her extreme stubbornness to sit all the time or to not sit at all on the potty.  She’s definitely 2 years old.  Today the kind soul in line in front of me bought my coffee…I think when I opened my window to order they could hear Eva screaming like a banshee being abused by it’s parents (I wasn’t abusing her.  She doesn’t agree with the law that says she has to sit in a car seat and wear a safety belt).  Her name means “life” and she definitely is full of life!! 

chillin'
Elise is adorable, as always.  She talks up a storm—her favorite things to say being “uh-oh” and “all done”.  She still isn’t crawling, but she definitely moves—sorta pulling herself along with her legs while sitting.  She eats anything we feed her—she’s an AMAZING eater.   She smiles all the time, and LOVES her pacifier.
me and Elise













 I started a part-time job at the Waukee YMCA, where I get to play with kids while their parents work out.  I also can bring our kids with when I’m working, so it’s just been an amazing opportunity to get involved in our community, make new friends, and to spend time with my own kiddos.  

Tim just judged his first BBQ contest of the season at VEISHEA (check out the website-he also went to the parade) and looks forward to this BBQ season (so do I—leftovers from these contests are great!).  He’s taking classes and working in addition to being an amazing husband and father.  I love my man!!

That sorta sums up what we’ve been up to.  We miss you all!  Love and hugs!  ~Sarah
Happy Easter!

No comments:

Contributors


Hits (since July 8, 2008)