Ok, so I had to write an update…I’m trying to get better at
this bloggy thing! :) SO, here I go!
This week was full of fun and firsts. Eva had her first tumbling class presentation—we
signed her up for a class the city offers for Tumbling Tots. A class full of 2-3 year olds is both
adorable and hilarious when they are trying to do summersaults, log rolls, and attempting
to walk across a low balance beam.
| Eva and the beam |
| Eva's first certificate for completing her tumbling class |
Friday I had lunch with Asher at his school for the first
time (Tim had the day off and he hung out with the girls). So many emotions crossed my heart and mind as
I sat and waited outside his classroom for him—memories of my own school
lunches, excitement to see what Asher would be like in his element, but also realizing
this was HIS element, his world away from mommy—part of me letting him “go”,
and I was totally invading it. It was
great to spend time with him and to experience his “life”.
| Asher reading to a friend during Science at school |
One exciting thing this past week--our baby robins (from the next by the garage) flew the
coop! One day they were learning to fly
and the next they were gone. As Eva says,
“Mommy bobbin and babies fly ‘way.” Although
we’ve lost the “bobbins”, we’ve gained a new “friend” in the yard--a one-eared
rabbit! He sits under our birdfeeder and
waits for the birds to drop seeds. We
don’t know how he met his misfortune leading to the loss of his ear and the
massive scar on his side, but it’s fun to know that he’s “our” wild rabbit that
is always in our backyard. We don’t look
forward to his raiding of our garden, but the kids do LOVE to see him every
evening when he makes his appearance. (we haven't named him yet, but if you have any suggestions, feel free to leave a comment!)
| our nameless, back yard, one-eared rabbit |
Have a happy and blessed week! ~Sarah
| thumbs up! |
No comments:
Post a Comment