Alright, potty update!
Asher went almost half of the day yesterday in one single pull-up. To be honest, with the double the cost for something so like a diaper factored with "what in the world are these diaper/pull-up things doing to the planet", I think this is our last buying of 'em. We're goin' straight to the underwear once they're gone, baby! YEAH! Do I sound excited? :)
Okay, in other news, since some of you reading this probably don't like to hear details of potty training...Tim's judging a barbeque contest this weekend...so Asher and I to more than likely hang around the house and wait for the Ash to go "peeeee-pee in the paaaaaaahhhhhhty". Public toilets, as well as our house toilets are just WAY too tall for our lil guy to stand up to, so we'll probably stay home. uh-ohh, I'm back on the subject: woes of potty training--yes, I can't get away from the potty training subject...it keeps going and going and going...it's like my life is so focused on this one milestone right now--the problem is that Asher is so consumed with getting potty trained right now, and sooooo wants to go when he tries, that he actually starts crying sometimes when he cannot go when he's trying to go. I have attempted comforting him, reasoning with him, telling him that it really is okay if he can't go every time, but he's trying so hard to do it all right, and I tell him I'm proud of him and "so happy" whether he goes or not because he's trying, but he still really gets upset with himself. It's such a big milestone and step toward change in our house...I mean, how long have we done diapers now? It's just such a big deal, that is just a common place occurance that we take for granted in everyday life. I mean, I don't even remember going through it myself as a child.
Okay, I should never, ever be allowed to blog again while this potty training thing is happening, as it's just soooooo consuming for me right now, I have no other subjects.
Oh, here's something--I made some really good enchiladas for dinner last night--even the leftovers were good! Anytime anyone wants to swing by just give us a call first, and we can either throw together some enchiladas for you, or Tim can cook up some mean bbq!
Alright, Tim will probably read this blog and never allow me near the computer again. We love you all, and thanks for putting up with my ramblings o' the night!
No comments:
Post a Comment