It's a beautiful, sunny, super hot, and ultra-muggy afternoon. Tim has gone for his first (of many to come) catfishing adventure. In the meantime, Asher is supposed to be sleeping for naptime right now, but he isn't, and I'm blogging.
Yesterday we woke up early (for having been to a ballgame the night before), and hit the road for a fun Waterloo adventure. Tim was set to judge a bbq contest, and Asher and I were going to explore Waterloo. However, I neglected to get a map before leaving the house in the morning, so we arrived in Waterloo unsure of what we were going to do--Tim knew how to get to the BBQ contest, which was good, but I had no idea where I was going to take Asher. After leaving Tim at the BBQ contest, Asher and I happened upon a city bus. Asher soooo wanted to ride the bus, and being unsure of which bus to get on, we just got on one that looked fun. On the bus was a great map of bus routes and of the city, so we were set for the rest of the day...but at the moment we didn't dare get off the bus. We happened to be on the most ghetto bus of the city, going to some really scary neighborhoods. On the plus side of the adventure, though, we rode the bus and saw lots of people, and saw some wild turkeys (not people that looked like turkeys, but real turkeys) in a front yard of a house near a wooded lot. We stayed on the bus for the whole loop of the trip, and the driver never said a word to us. At a grocery store, members of the ACLU got on the bus and encouraged everyone to register to vote, and the bus kept going. After an hour, we made it back to downtown where we started and I happily escorted Asher off the bus. The big thing, though, is that Asher had a blast, and LOVED the bus ride.
AFter that fun bus adventure, Asher and I hopped in the car and drove to IHOP and had a blast eating pancakes and eggs for lunch...then on to Toys R Us for a fun lil toy for the car ride home, a trip to Sears to buy a screw driver to get the toy out of the blasted packaging (yes, the toy car was actually screwed to the package), and back to pick up Tim.
We had taken the real scenic way to get to Waterloo--it was gorgeous--really foggy, but gorgeous. On the way home, though, we decided to go the highway, with a little side-trip. We drove to Parkersburg to look at the tornado damage from the F-5 that hit there. It was mind blowing. You see coverage on the news, but it's nothing like seeing it in person. Tim will describe it all a whole lot better than I can when he writes later, but, wow, it was so amazing.
Well, Asher still isn't asleep...I should check on what's going on with him. Oh--the potty training is going so well. The only thing we need to master is the pooping in pants...once he gets consistant with going on the potty we're getting rid of the pull-ups. Other than that, he's doing so well and we're so proud of the little guy! A pull-up could last a whole day now if it wasn't for the pooing. Any tips? Or do we just go cold turkey, underwear it all, and deal? Really, any thoughts from any potty training experts would be soooooooo appreciated!
Love you all!
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment