Monday, September 8, 2008

Redfish and McQueen

Here is a little story to show how quickly Asher's verbal and analytical skills are developing. OK, to start out, I must mention that I have developed an odd habit of waking up early Saturday morning and watching competitive fishing on ESPN2 HD. The Redfish Cup is on first, then the Bassmaster tour. I think Mark Zona, the host of ESPN's fishing coverage, is absolutely hilarious. It is part of my Saturday morning ritual. At some point in the morning, Asher usually comes downstairs and gets REALLY into the fishing shows, yelling "it's a BIG ONE" everytime somebody has a fish on the line. If you have ever actually watched how one of these shows is edited, you know this happens several times per minute, and I have been concerned that this would give Asher an unrealistic expectation about what fishing is really like. He seems to understand it is just TV. Asher is much less interested in NASCAR when it is on. Also, Asher's favorite movie right now is Pixar's "Cars", which he calls "McQueen Movie". With that background information, here is a conversation from early this last Saturday morning.
  • Sarah: Where do you think Daddy is?
  • Asher: Downstairs
  • Sarah: What is he doing?
  • Asher: Watching fishing shows. Or watching McQueen movie, but the cars don't talk, and they are little.

No comments:

Contributors


Hits (since July 8, 2008)