Sunday, November 16, 2008

not much to blog about

We really don't have much to blog about today, so I thought I'd take the chance to ramble a bit about, well, about nothing in particular, just life! Asher's fever thing that he caught before his birthday lasted 5 days, including his birthday and this past Monday. Yuck! Having a sick lil boy in the house isn't fun. He just gets so whiny and doesn't think before he does things. On the other hand, he won't be my little cuddle muffin much longer, able to curl up on my lap and lay his head on my shoulder like he can when he's so little. Sometimes it takes moments like sick days with your child for you to slow down and be thankful! SO, I need to cherish these moments with him while I can...before he's off and driving the car and making us stay up late worried about the trouble he could potentially be getting himself into! :) Thanksgiving is coming up so fast. This year we're going to buy a fresh turkey and Tim's assured me that he's certain of how he's going to be cooking it, and not to worry about salmonella? :) I guess that's good! I absolutely love my husband! He has to be one of the best cooks I know, and I've given him plenty of practice. With both of us in full-time jobs, and with a full-time son, Tim has taken on more of the cooking responsibilities in our family, and he just ROCKS at it! I'm a very fortunate woman to have found a man that takes care of his family so well! I had a 10th grade English teacher who once said, or just about everyday said, "Each person should only be allotted 100 exclamation points for writing with in their entire life, and when they're gone, they're gone!" I've broken that writing rule of hers about a gazillion times and most of my over-usage of ! has been in this email. So, I think I've rambled quite enough for this entry. One thing of note, it looks like my grandpa will be passing away sometime this week. He's been battling Parkinson's related pneumonia on and off since March, and now has entered a hospice program and is on morphine to ease his pain. He's been saying since March how ready he is to meet the Lord, and as much as it hurts to say, it will be good to see his suffering over and know that he is with God. He has been one of my number one supporters through prayer through the years, and I love him very much. I'm really going to miss him.
my grandpa, Asher, and I summer '07
my dad, Asher, and grandpa, April '08, during one of his many hospital stays

1 comment:

David said...

thanks for the "about nothing" update! I will have you and your family and your grandpa in my thoughts this week. Keep us posted...Emily

Contributors


Hits (since July 8, 2008)