The story of Tim, Sarah, Asher, Eva, and Elise in Iowa
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Meltdown?
It is a beautiful Saturday afternoon in Central Iowa, sunny and 32 degrees. It is the nicest day we've seen in months! The snow if finally starting to melt, after three full months with at least five inches on the ground. I have had the BBQ going outside on the deck since 8 AM. I'm cooking two pork shoulders for a "community night" at church tomorrow, and a rack of ribs for our dinner tonight. We have also started thinking about our garden. Today, Asher and I will be starting tomato and chile plants inside. We are also going to start some flowers. Spring had better be around the corner!
Things have been pretty busy, but uneventful around here. I have my final in Business Ethics this week, then I'm starting a class in "Economics of International Business". I am excited about the economics class, but the strong opinions in the ethics course have been entertaining, to say the least. I also have joined a gym, and have been making time to work out on the elliptical, and to get back into the weight room (I need to work off all those BBQ ribs). Sarah has been taking a class on "Parenting with love and logic", and has been practicing some of the logic on Asher. Asher loves sledding right now, and really loves going head-first down the berm behind our back yard. He is ready for warmer weather, too, though. He keeps telling elaborate stories about what we are going to do when it is warm enough to go to the park, and to have bike races. Here are some pictures of the kids.
sweet! you know what? some of those pics of Eva totally remind me of some of the pics I have seen of cousin Chris' girls when they were babies....have you seen any of those? seriously!
1 comment:
sweet!
you know what? some of those pics of Eva totally remind me of some of the pics I have seen of cousin Chris' girls when they were babies....have you seen any of those? seriously!
glad to hear you all are well
love yoU!
Post a Comment